« Home | FIRST »

Diligence

This morning during my devotional time, I really heard these words so clear in my spirit. In Proverbs 8:13, states that "I love those who love me, and those that seek me diligently will find me." What a powerful, yet simple statement that stuck out at me. Diligence is the key. Music is a progressive art. It takes time, dedication, persistence, and development. But none of these things matter unless diligence is involved. Being faithful daily is what you gets you there. No one started off as an amazing musician, they gradually worked diligently everyday to perfect their craft. It's the same with our personal life with God, if diligence is not an important factor in our life then there is no growing relationship. How can we get to know each other more if we don't spend time with one another daily. But the greatest thing about this is that God clearly states that if we seek him DILIGENTLY we will find him. Not maybe, sometimes, once a week, or on occasion. Everytime we seek him, he will be there waiting. It's harder to rekindle a relationship with a friend if you only speak to that person a couple times a year. But if you saw them everyday and hung out with them, that relationship would definately grow each day. Same is true with God. It's very hard to feel His presence and spend time with him if Diligence is not the important factor in our life. If we only visit the throne room of God on occassion, it's very difficult to express our love and adoration toward him. (usually we are focused on everything else but him) I love this quote, "The more we seek him, the more we will find of him".

Rachel, that was an awesome blog. I could not agree with you more. As I am going through this process of stretching and growing, diligence has been the key factor. It is not easy to just wake up and do it. YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE DILIGENCE AND WILL POWER. I will definitely be checking this out to see what God has placed on your heart to share in your blogs! I love ya!

Post a Comment